Saturday 2 August 2014

Vintage Beach Decor



I moved into a basement suite last year. The living room reminded me of a ballet studio because of the light coloured laminate wood floors, unfinished wood wainscoting and large mirror. The mirror was taken down and the wainscoting was painted white (Cloud White). Most of the suite was painted a pale turquoise (Arctic Blue) and the rest was painted light beige (White Sand.) Some of this décor is recycled from my previous post Paris Bathroom Décor. I was going for a beachy feel. (Paint from Benjamin Moore)

Here is a look at my suite...

 Before

 

After


 
This shell bowl came from a garage sale, like a few 
of my items.




This old dresser was painted white and I switched out the old knobs to glass ones and the drawer pulls to silver ones.
 
Top left - teacups and teapot cover - David's Tea
Top right - handmade bowl -Winners
Bottom left - old telephone - garage sale
Bottom right - see below
 
 
 
 Vintage glass electrical insulators - garage sale

 
 
 Glass knobs from Rona
 
 
 
 Yankee Candle in Fresh Cut Roses - Winners
Embroidered lilac vintage tablecloth  - garage sale
 
 
 
 Pussy willows in a vase from Winners
 
 
 
Corner shelves
 
 
 
 Old fashioned alarm clock - gift
 
 
 
Bowl of sea glass and coral (Mexico) and sand dollar and starfish - garage sale 
 
 
 
 Large piece of coral - garage sale
 
 
 The other corner of my living room
 
 
 
Embroidered picture of deer in woods - garage sale
My mom bought it for me; at first I thought it was hilarious but now I really like it ;)
 
 
 
Water bowl for Lulu - Winners
 
 
 
I inherited a "Beach House" sign my mom painted 
 It was painted for my sister's house that was actually near
a beach!
 
 
 
Patio table on my deck with another embroidered tablecloth from, you guessed it - a garage sale!
 
 
 
Bird lantern - gift
 
 
 
Pink Adirondack chair - gift
 
 
 
Bathroom
 
 
 
Painting - gift
 
 
 
Fake grass - IKEA
 
 

Craft room wall

 

My rose painting



and my apple painting

 

Pear painting by my mom

 

Corner of my craft room, my rose sketch

 
 
Parisian corner
 
 
 Hallway
Island painting by my mom

 

My bedroom
  Beach painting by my mom

 

 

Keep Calm and Carry On print
Just a good motto to live by!
 
 
And another painting from my mom - I love the colours

1 comment:

  1. Awesome posting! I love this one the best!
    Great photos......and you have created such a nice look and feel in your new place. Tranquil and unique.
    Can I come and visit?

    ReplyDelete